Not only do we offer financial support to local deserving causes, we are also a service organisation providing assistance, such as, helping with bucket shakes for other charities, marshalling at civic events e.g. the Remembrance Sunday Parade, providing transport and entertainment for our more senior residents
Our donations in 2022 currently amount to £60,954 in addition to our support of food banks of over £6,000
Our support in 2023 to date amounts to £30,692
- £6,000 in supermarket vouchers and £544 in specific support to families in need
- £4,500 to the food banks fuel poverty efforts from funds raised by our Weathering Winter Together campaign
- £6,750 to North Guildford foodbanks including a £50 anonymous donation
- £1,250 from Enterprise Rent a Car to the Momentum charity to complete their family room refurbishment project at RSCH
- £600 the Lighthouse Specialist centre for deaf children towards the costs of running their minibus
- £500 to Lions International Foundation towards earthquake relief in Turkey and Syria
- £2,000 to Guildford Shakespeare Company to assist with the purchase of a new van.
- £500 to a single mother of two following rehousing due to domestic abuse via Home Start Support worker
- £500 to a family in Ash Vale, via Surrey Children’s Services Support, for a replacement washing machine.
- £150 for a tumble dryer for a family in Wood Street via Home School Link Worker
- £498 for two wing back chairs for residents in Stoke Hospital
- £768 to food banks
- £586 in support of Guildford and Godalming food banks
- £500 to Guildford Halow charity for their garden project
- £850 to the GASP Motor Project run for disadvantaged 14 to 19 year olds from their base in Albury
- £740 in humanitarian donations to local families
- £576 to Guildford and Godalming food banks
- £200 to help a Guildford based scout attend the 25th Scout World Jamboree in Korea
- £500 towards an outing for pupils of Ashford Manor School to attend an exhibit about careers in technology at the London Science museum
- £400 to a fundraising project for the RSCH Special Baby Care Unit
- £448 on household items for various families and individuals in need
- £418 to Guildford and Godalming food banks
- £134 to a grandmother for therapeutic support for her grandson
- £500 to a victim of domestic abuse towards setting up a new home
- £500 to Air Ambulance Kent & Surrey to support two projects to provide new medical kitbags and new ultrasound units
- £1,002 to The Grange at Bookham for gardening equipment. The Grange supports adults with learning disabilities to lead independant and fulfilling lives
- £1,500 to Guildford Action to assist with outings for clients of their Drop-in and Family centres.
- In addition the club agreed to increase to £1,000 its regular annual contribution to the Lions Clubs International Fund which helps victims of international scale disasters and catastrophes like the Turkish/Syria earthquake.