Not only do we offer financial support to local deserving causes, we are also a service organisation providing assistance, such as, helping with bucket collections for other charities, marshalling at civic events e.g. the Remembrance Sunday Parade, providing transport and entertainment for our more senior residents
Our donations in 2023 currently amount to £53,064 including £9,129 in support of food banks in Guildford and Godaming.
- £6,000 in supermarket vouchers and £544 in specific support to families in need
- £4,500 to the food banks fuel poverty efforts from funds raised by our Weathering Winter Together campaign
- £6,750 to North Guildford foodbanks including a £50 anonymous donation
- £1,250 from Enterprise Rent a Car to the Momentum charity to complete their family room refurbishment project at RSCH
- £600 the Lighthouse Specialist centre for deaf children towards the costs of running their minibus
- £500 to Lions International Foundation towards earthquake relief in Turkey and Syria
- £2,000 to Guildford Shakespeare Company to assist with the purchase of a new van.
- £500 to a single mother of two following rehousing due to domestic abuse via Home Start Support worker
- £500 to a family in Ash Vale, via Surrey Children’s Services Support, for a replacement washing machine.
- £150 for a tumble dryer for a family in Wood Street via Home School Link Worker
- £498 for two wing back chairs for residents in Stoke Hospital
- £768 to food banks
- £586 in support of Guildford and Godalming food banks
- £500 to Guildford Halow charity for their garden project
- £850 to the GASP Motor Project run for disadvantaged 14 to 19 year olds from their base in Albury
- £740 in humanitarian donations to local families
- £576 to Guildford and Godalming food banks
- £200 to help a Guildford based scout attend the 25th Scout World Jamboree in Korea
- £500 towards an outing for pupils of Ashford Manor School to attend an exhibit about careers in technology at the London Science museum
- £400 to a fundraising project for the RSCH Special Baby Care Unit
- £448 on household items for various families and individuals in need
- £418 to Guildford and Godalming food banks
- £134 to a grandmother for therapeutic support for her grandson
- £500 to a victim of domestic abuse towards setting up a new home
- £500 to Air Ambulance Kent & Surrey to support two projects to provide new medical kitbags and new ultrasound units
- £1,002 to The Grange at Bookham for gardening equipment. The Grange supports adults with learning disabilities to lead independant and fulfilling lives
- £1,500 to Guildford Action to assist with outings for clients of their Drop-in and Family centres.
- In addition the club agreed to increase to £1,000 its regular annual contribution to the Lions Clubs International Fund which helps victims of international scale disasters and catastrophes like the Turkish/Syria earthquake.
- £250 to British-Ukraine Aid, a charity transporing aid by lorry to Ukraine, including body
armour and other bulky items as well as the usual aid items.
- £200 to Guildford Refugee Aid to supply parts to and service sewing machines used locally by
refugees to make and repair clothing for refugees from Ukraine and other areas.
- Two donated laptops, one to a Ukrainian family the other to Chloe & Sophie’s Special Ears Fund
- £635 to Guildford & Godalming Food Banks
- £6,000 to Sight for Surrey following our very successful Music in the Park.
- £1,000 to Guildford Talking Newspaper following Music in the Park.
- £1,000 to Kids’ Cancer Charity for respite breaks for families at Haven Park on the Welsh coast.
- £334 for purchase of cooker to unemployed disabled Guildford resident, via Citizens Advice.
- One laptop donated to an Afghan refugee family
- £592 to Guildford & Godalming Food Banks
- £1,000 to Basketball4All charity
- £350 for beds for a family living under family protection via Family Safeguarding Hub
- £250 to the Matrix Trust’s after school drop-in cafe in Eastgate Gardens
- £95 for a refurbished washing machine via SW Surrey Mental Health Social Care Team
- £30 for kitchen equipment for a male with mental health issues via SW Surrey Voluntary Action
- Guildford and Godalming Food Banks – £682
- £6,000 to Jigsaw School from our charity golf day at Clandon Regis GC on 1st September
- £1,000 to Normandy Therapy Garden
- £500 contribution towards nurseruy fees for a single mum, via Perinatel Metal Health Service
- £90 to fund yoga classes for a stroke victim, via SW Surrey Voluntary Action
- £175 for a reconditioned washing machine, via SW Surrey Domestic Abuse Service
- £555 to Guildford and Godalming Food Banks
- £120 for Spectrum swimming vouchers for a stroke victim, via social worker
- £300 for a washing machine for a single parent in need, via Worplesdon School as employer
- £100 of supermarket vouchers for a client of CAB
- £554 to Guildford and Godalming foodbanks
- £1,200 to Guildford Action for winter clothing to support rough sleepers and struggling families
- £150 towards a youth trip to Nepal to help rebuild schools of earthquake victims, via George Abbot School
- £75 for 12 weeks exercise programme for client of Social Prescription Link Worker
- £528 for Guildford and Godalming Food banks