Not only do we offer financial support to local deserving causes, we are also a service organisation providing assistance, such as, helping with bucket shakes for other charities, marshalling at civic events e.g. the Remembrance Sunday Parade, providing transport and entertainment for our more senior residents
Our donations in 2022 currently amount to £53,097
Our recent support includes:
- support to foodbanks of £633 this month. Total for year to date £5,415 Monthly budget increased to £550
- £500 to Christophers Children’s Hospice
- £1,000 to the Royal Surrey Cancer and Surgical Innovation Centre
- £400 to youth projects
- support to foodbanks of £520 this month. Monthly budget increased to £550.
- Contribution to a joint donation with Cranleigh, Leatherhead and Farnham Lions clubs of £18,787 to Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance
- support of foodbanks £627 this month
- £7,500 proceeds of the Charity Golf day donated to Jigsaw Charity for autistic children
- £7,800 proceeds from Music in the Park in June donated to Sight for Surrey charity to pay for a family liaison officer
- £1,500 donations to ongoing Lions International appeals (Blood Research, Water Aid, and Eye Camps
- £404 humanitarian support to a family in Godalming
- support of foodbanks maintained at £450 a month
- £150 for costs of delivering donated household items to recipients
- budget for support of foodbanks increased to £450 a month. Spend this month £334
- Seven humanitarian awards to families in need totalling £1,163. That included £200 for a case sponsored by the StepbyStep, a charity supporting young people in trouble to get back on their feet. £100 to a case sponsored by Voluntary Action South West Surrey, and £199 for a young mother via Guildford Family Action group.
- support for foodbanks this month of £350
- £400 humanitarian donation to a widowed mother and family in Godalming
- £1,000 towards a special project for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey and Sussex (AAKSS)
- we raised £7,500 for Sight for Surrey at our Music in the Park event at Hatchlands
- Support to foodbanks this month £512 plus an anonymous donation of £50. (this year £1,912)
- £652 to humanitarian causes in Guildford, Godalming and Camberley.
- £500 donation to the Artventure trust towards their new project centred on the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. (The Artventure Trust is a creative day centre for adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and autism)
- £500 funding for a Special Baby Care Unit at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.
March total of £3,929, a total for the year to date of £7,514
- Support to Food banks £1,254
- £675 to humanitarian causes
- £1,000 towards the Guildford Shakespeare Company “With my eyes drama therapy project”
- £750 towards Burpham Community Association’s defibrillators installation project in Sutherland Memorial Park and Burpham ALDI supermarket
- £1,000 donation to the Momentun Charity in lieu of a fee for Chris Bavin’s talk
February £1,318 a total for the year to date of £3,585
- Support to Food banks £318.
- £500 to The Surrey, Surrey & Kent Air Ambulance.
- £500 to Sight for Surrey who are raising funds to celebrate their 100th birthday. Sight for Surrey is a local charity providing sensory services to approx. 8,000 local people and have an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer and Hearing Loss Advisor based at the Royal Surrey Hospital
In January a total of £2,267
- £367 in support local food banks, and
- £1900 to Pond Meadow School to purchase a garden tool and storage shed